Sunday, July 27, 2008

Foodie fun - BBQ style

I'm doing an incredible job of procrastinating on preparing for my move across town. I'm scheduling appointments, managing not to bundle my errands together at one time and, today, suggesting going out for as well as making fun food at the house. It comes as no surprise that I only packed three more boxes this afternoon.

As I kind-of packed, I was fantasizing about food and how I planned to prepare the fresh veggies that were sitting in the crisper drawer of the fridge.

It was a masterpiece. My dinner went from this:



To this:

Salmon in hoisin sauce, sweet corn and a mixture of quinoa with grilled eggplant, orange bell pepper, edamame, onion and feta. My thanks to Arikka for reminding me last weekend how good quinoa can be...That and it's got essential amino acids, is a complete protein source and goes with just about anything.

You can purchase it bulk at Whole Foods and it cooks like rice - a 2 to 1 ratio. Unless you want to mix it with other whole grains for a cereal and cook it overnight in the crock pot - then it's a 4 to 1 ratio. To my foodie friends...try this, you'll like it.

No comments: