Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Brownies and the downward-facing dog

When I was growing up my parents always told me to wait 30 minutes after eating to go swim. It turns out the same adage goes for yoga...

I'm a person constantly motivated by food. For as long as I can remember I've felt the need to satisfy a nagging sweet craving that never seems to take a vacation.

So as I was going through the mail tonight, my one bite led to two - and then to two-thirds of my chewy chocolate chunk brownie...Then I took a quick phone call from my sister, changed into my super baggy pants and zoomed to the gym.

Into the second series of sun salutations, I was violently reminded why you don't eat and then play hard immediately afterwards. The brownie did really mean things in my tummy while I was upside down, leading me to realize that Newton's laws of gravity apply to all things...even acid reflux.

No comments: