Sunday, September 7, 2008

Deja Vu - dog style...

We just can't have nice things.

Or things from Target for that matter.

I'm moving in two weeks, so naturally my house is chaos. While kitties love chaos, Busters do not.

The other night we had churned up a moth in the house and kitties decided to try and kill it. While it was on the ceiling. I know the cat can't jump that high, but she thought she'd go for it anyways.

She landed on top of my red and bronze Target lamp. It crashed to the floor. The bug flew away.

I thought the lamp was broken, but was then relieved when Jason swapped out the light bulb and the lamp worked just fine. We repositioned it on the table and went back to watching the cat trying to catch said bug.

About, oh, five minutes later, Buster decides he wants to get in on the action and came darting from behind the couch and got tangled in the lamp cord. And freaked.

In slow motion I watched the lamp go up into the air and come crashing down on on its top just as it had before.

Only this time, part of the lampshade broke. And so did the light bulb.

Because I have faith that the lamp will fall yet again, I turned the unbroken side facing out until another animal (or human, probably me) knocks it down for a third time - which I'm sure will finish it off for good.

Just one more reason why I own Target, not Tiffany.

No comments: