Thursday, February 21, 2008

Life Lessons from machine things

Today I remembered there is a very fine line between "I'm rockin' this StairClimber" and "My legs just got so tired I hope I can make it back up to the control panel before this thing throws my ass on the floor."

Note to self...."Self, remember a steady pace is more effective when using equipment at the gym. Self, when you think you are beating the machine at it's own game, you will be swiftly reminded that the machine always wins."

I have had troubles with this before...Once on a elliptical I became excited at my quick pace. This was followed by thirst, grabbing my water bottle, loosing my balance on the machine, mishandling my water bottle and then watching that same water bottle shoot across the room and bounce off of three other pieces of equipment before it came to rest....


No comments: